Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cornerstones of my Faith

I think every belief system has certain things that are more negotiable and others that define it more concretely.  Most Christian churches have very similar cornerstones, and for the good portion of my life I believed them too, as if there was no challenging it in my head.  I will go into more detail in future blogs about these cornerstones, but for now I will simply list them out.

1.  Hell does not exist, at least not in the way the church tries to describe it to us
2.  Jesus Christ is the one and only savior from eternal damnation
3.  ALL people make their decisions based on the Pursuit of Pleasure
4.  The greatest Commandment is to love!
5.  The Bible is not perfect, but it's currently the best book we have
6.  Many religions have a common God
7.  I could be wrong about everything!!

That last one is the most important one.  In my opinion Blind Faith and what I like to call Prideful Faith are both a lessor faith than a well informed, well thought out faith that leaves tons of room for error.  Because we are after all, human, and to believe otherwise is just ignorant.


No comments:

Post a Comment