Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blind Faith

I've never been one to take things at face value, or to follow with blind faith.  It goes against everything I believe in.  Only problem with having that belief is it makes it much more difficult to figure out what you really do believe.  I have tried , but I can't just go to church and take what the pastor preaches as gospel.  I have nothing against pastors at all.  One of the greatest men I ever knew was a pastor.  He passed away a few years ago from cancer, and even though I couldn't always agree with his teachings, there was no denying his sincere love for people.

I've had a difficult time finding a church or even group of people that would allow me to go on a spiritual journey with them.  A place where people would understand that I am just seeking the same way everyone else is seeking.  I want to know the truth, and I want to find a place I can openly discus my thoughts without feeling like I'm being ridiculed for thinking them.  Have you ever thought that way before too?  Like the church only wants people who will take everything they feed them and follow it with blind faith?  Have you ever felt like you are alone while surrounded by a group of people who just don't see things the same way as you?  

You are not alone!  I'm right there with you.  Some of my beliefs would turn the current Christian church upside down.  I would be seen as a heretic for even thinking them.  But it doesn't change the fact that I believe them, and want to find a place of like minded people to share them with and maybe go on a journey with together, as we all pursue truth.  That's why I created this blog.  This is a place for me to express my views as they stand today without feeling condemned or ridiculed.  

Having said that, my number one rule is that anyone who comments, please be respectful of my thoughts and feelings and of others.  We are all only seeking, and in my opinion that is better than blind followers or indifference, whether I agree with you or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment